Here are the questions we are most often asked about Premier Rewards. Click on the relevant category and question to read the answer. If you have a question which we haven't answered here, please contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- What is Premier Rewards?
Premier Rewards is a unique membership programme for Barclays Premier banking customers. Making it easier to get more out of your leisure time, Premier Rewards is designed to complement your lifestyle and is tailored to each individual's own interests. It gives you access to everyday offers discounts on a range of products and services.
- Do I have to pay to join Premier Rewards?
Access to Premier Rewards is complimentary - there is no charge to join the programme or to enjoy the range of benefits or events offered. You do however need to be a qualifying Premier customer at the time of joining. You need over £100,000 saved or invested with us, or an annual gross income paid into a Barclays current account of over £75,000. We review eligibility regularly, and may change the criteria in future – please see www.barclays.co.uk/premier-banking for details.
- What offers will I get access to?
Most of the benefits we have on the site are available to members all year round, for example free access to English Heritage sites or a gourmet society membership. Other offers may be available from time to time for a limited period.
- I'm having difficulties registering for Premier Rewards. Can you help me?
i) If you are a new Premier Banking customer we may not have your details yet. Please allow 2-3 working days from becoming a Premier customer before trying to register for Premier Rewards - if your details are still not recognised after this time, please contact us.
ii) You may already be registered for Premier Rewards. If you have forgotten your password, please request a new one. This will be sent to the email address that you registered with. See FAQ 8 for details of how to do this. If you do not receive this email, please let us know through the contact us page.
iii) Every account holder must use a unique email address for registration. If someone else has already registered using your email address (perhaps your spouse or partner), please register using a different email address.
iv) If you receive a 'Session ended' message, this is usually because your computer has the cookies disabled. You can reverse this by using Internet Explorer and going to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. From here you can enable cookies on the Premier Rewards website. If you continue to see this message, please let us know through the contact us page.
- We have a joint account; can we both register for Premier Rewards?
To confirm whether you can both register for Premier Rewards, please contact Premier Telephone Banking on 0800 9247 365*. Alternatively, please contact us with your name, postcode and date of birth for assistance.
*Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are free from UK land lines and personal mobiles, otherwise call charges may apply. Please check with your service provider. To maintain a quality service we may monitor or record phone calls.
- Why do I have to register for Premier Rewards?
Premier Rewards is available only to Barclays Premier customers, so registration enables us to confirm your eligibility. It also enables you to tailor Premier Rewards to your own interests.
- Can I change my preferences, contact details or password after I've registered?
Yes. Simply log in and click on 'My profile' on the top left hand navigation bar. From here you can follow the links through to update your preferences, contact details or password. For further details see:
- I have forgotten my password, how do I request a new one?
To reset your password go to www.barclayspremierrewards.co.uk (or log into your Barclays Online Banking account and access Premier Rewards from there). Once in the site, click on the link 'Forgotten your password?' under the log in box in the top right hand corner.
From there you can request a password reset email to be sent to you. A link within the email enables you to reset your password within the next 72 hours. This time limit is for security reasons, so please change your password before the link expires.
Once you have logged in, you can update your temporary password to one that you will remember. If you request multiple password reset emails only the last request email will be valid. You should receive your password reset within 20 minutes of submitting your request.
- How do I change my password?
In order to change your password, simply log into Premier Rewards at www.barclayspremierrewards.co.uk (or log into your Online Banking account and access Premier Rewards from there). Once logged in, click on ‘Profile' at the top of the page, then ‘Password' and follow the directions on the page.
- How do I change my registered email address?
Log into Premier Rewards at www.barclayspremierrewards.co.uk (or log into your Online Banking account and access Premier Rewards from there). Once logged in, click on ‘Profile' at the top, followed by ‘Contact details' and follow the directions on the page. If you are unable to log in because you have forgotten your password details, you can request a new temporary password to be sent to your old email address, which you can then use to log in and update your details.
If you no longer have access to your old email address, please let us know through the contact us page, and confirm the new email address you wish to have added to your profile. We will then update this for you and confirm when it has been done.
- My account has been locked, what should I do?
As a security measure, your Premier Rewards account will be locked once you have incorrectly entered your log in details five times. Please contact us to arrange for your account to be unlocked.
Please note that requests to unlock accounts may take up to two working days to be actioned. We will send you an email once your account has been unlocked.
While your account is locked, you can still see your benefits and offers logging into your Barclays Online Banking account and accessing Premier Rewards from there.
- I have an AOL account and have been trying to contact Premier Rewards but have heard nothing – why?
Unfortunately, AOL often sets restrictive spam filters, so the emails sent to you may have been placed into your junk folder or filtered out completely. Please check your junk folder and mark Premier Rewards as a trusted source so that you are able to receive future emails from us.
- Which browsers does this website work with?
We try to ensure this website works on a wide variety of web browsers and is accessible to as many users as possible. The site will work better on the latest version of most browsers - upgrading won't cost you anything and may improve speed and security.
You can find out more about upgrading on the Barclays Personal Banking website.
- How can I download and use the Barclays Premier Rewards app?
- Where will I find the Premier Rewards app?
- The Premier Rewards app is currently available for iOS and Android devices, and can be downloaded from the Apple store and Google Play – simply search for the Barclays Premier Rewards app. Please note that data charges may apply.
- How do I activate the app for the first time?
- Once you have downloaded the app, you can activate it by entering your name and date of birth. If you have any problems activating using your name and date of birth, please request an activation code via the Premier Rewards website or contact us.
This code will be displayed on the website and also emailed to you. Simply enter it into the Barclays Premier Rewards app the first time you use it.
- I can't see the activation email in my inbox?
- Please check your spam or junk folder as the email may have gone in here, as it is a new email. Your activation code will also be displayed on the website.
- The activation code has not activated the app, what do I do?
- The Barclays Premier Rewards app can only be used on one device at a time so please check you have not used it on another mobile device. If it is only used on one device, please check that you have entered the code correctly. If this still does not work, please contact us.
- I have a new mobile device, what do I do?
- Should you wish to change the device that your Barclays Premier Rewards app is on, please enter your activation code on your new device. Please note you can only have your Premier Rewards on ONE device at any given time.
- I do not have a compatible device for the app. How do I access the benefits?
Currently our app is compatible with IOS and Android. There are some exceptions to this rule, but if you are unsure please contact us detailing what device and Operation System you are using. We are unable to commit to a date for the release of a Windows version; however we can confirm that this is something we are looking into producing.
Some benefits can only be redeemed using the Premier Rewards app; for others you can print a voucher from the website. Please check individual offers on the Premier Rewards website for details.
- How do I contact Premier Rewards?
As Premier Rewards is an online programme, all queries must be directed through the 'contact us' form on the website or via the app. We will respond to you as soon as possible, and within 48 hours at most. Please note that the Premier Rewards Customer Service team operates between 9am and 6pm, Monday-Friday, excluding bank holidays.